Follow

My husband is almost 70, sleeps every morning untill 11am, smokes pot on & off all day, eats unhealthy, calls me names, does zero except watch TV. I still work at 70. It's my escape. He has type 2 dieabitis, high blood pressure (somedays) high cholesterol count. I want to file a separation & leave. Am I wrong? I don't want to spend whatever time God gives me being miserable & missing out on my grandchildren & family who live in another state.

Find Care & Housing
Take a week or two of vacation and go visit your out of state family by yourself. You could probably do that at least once a year.
(0)

No your not wrong. In my State there is no "separation" as such. I so hope since your working that you keep ur money separate. See a lawyer to see what your entitled to. This is no longer a marriage. Me, I would go live near the ones who love me.
(2)

Go live your best life while you still can
(3)

This is a one sided story and we're not marriage counsellors here, but caregivers to elderly loved ones. Only you know whether it's "right" or "wrong" to file for a legal separation from your husband. A forum of strangers cannot possibly give you solid advice on such a matter! Speak to your family, friends or clergyman.

Good luck.
(0)

Hi Sofedup - of course you're not wrong. How can you respect someone who gets up at 11am and spends his day getting high - all while you're working? It's gotta feel lonely to wake up early to start your day productively to his sleeping - and then to return home to his idle day.

And, how can you like someone who calls you names? And, how can you be attracted to someone who doesn't even take care of himself, his health, eats unhealthy? He's not giving you a lot of incentive to stay. If it feels like a trapped feeling being there and you don't foresee his taking any steps to improve his life with you, then it makes perfect sense to separate. It sounds like you need time for yourself and some distance - then you can see how things unfold.

It's more liberating and better to live alone than to live with someone who makes you unhappy - I should know (I'm divorced)!

Wishing you much clarity, peace of mind and happiness to come ~
(2)

Leave and divorce. A separation isn’t enough. Be through with this sorry loser forever.
(4)

Leave , I wouldn’t put up with this . It’s as bad as someone who drinks all day and calls you names .

I read that pot is much stronger than it was 30 years ago .
(3)

Sofedup, no your not wrong , I am actually pro cannabis, but I'm seeing it used in such the wrong way and way to much, the new laws are making it horrible. People are so lazy smoking weed. Like how can you be happy, waking and baking. (A term for people that smoke the minute they are out of bed)

Doesn't anyone want to be sober anymore. And the stuff is too darn strong.

The other day my husband was wrapping up his day of working, someone near us came over, asked my husband if he wanted any. Hubby took way to much , after a day of work and no food. He almost passed out, I had to keep pinching him under the arm to keep him from going out. He is 72.

There is a time and place for it, all day from morning to night is not. And the strong stuff they have put there needs to be much more controlled.

You do what you have to do to make you happy!
(1)

You don't need any of us to give you permission to leave your lazy no good pot smoking husband.
What are you waiting for? Get the heck out of Dodge and go spend time with those precious grandbabies before they're grown.
(2)

If you’re miserable, and it sounds like you are, and you see no way things will improve, you’re certainly free to leave and live a happier life elsewhere. See an attorney for legal guidance first
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter