Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I have moved in with my parents. I am the only sibling that could do it.

My situation is really different from yours....but...I also add my voice to the majority here...

Do not do this

You have brothers near by, they can handle this. They do nt want it? Sure, I get that. It is a huge burden. BUT..if they pass this burden to you it will weight hundreds of times harder on you then it would by them sharing this together.

From the sound of this...they want to basically dump and run. I advise you to not put yourself in this position.
(1)

Just be careful they do not pull you into doing this slowly. First the train rides back and forth...then, because you are so tired from that..an over night stay a couple times a week, then move days. Till finally they pull you completely in

Beware.

As for you pr dad. The early stages of dementia come with a fair amount of paranoia. My Dad routinely accuses me of bringing in strangers to mess up the house at night. He has claimed I have locked him it....even though the locks were on his side of the door...and it was I that couldn't get in..not him that couldn't get out. Just a few examples of the nutty stuff you can expect. Plus the serious memory loss. Your Mom is burned out for a good reason. Beware. Don't let yourself get pulled in deep.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter