Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
STUDENT WHO GOT 0% ON AN EXAM
I would have given him 100%!
Each answer is absolutely grammatically correct,
And funny too.
The teacher had no sense of humor.

Q1.. In which battle did King Richard III die?
* his last battle

Q2.. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
* at the bottom of the page

Q3.. River Ravi flows in which state?
* liquid

Q4.. What is the main reason for divorce?
* marriage

Q5.. What is the main reason for failure?
* exams

Q6.. What can you never eat for breakfast?
* Lunch & dinner

Q7.. What looks like half an apple?
* The other half

Q8.. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what will it become?
* Wet

Q9.. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ?
* No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
* You will never find an elephant that has one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have?
* Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
*No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can U drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
*Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Spread some laughter, share the cheer.
Let's be happy, while we're here!
(5)

pargirl, I am so sorry to read about your mother. ((((Hugs))))
(1)

So sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Prayers are sent your way. Hugs
luvCuz
(1)

So sorry for your loss paragirl. Sending you peaceful thoughts.
(1)

Paragirl, Ahhh, so sorry Sweetie, a long hard journey, I know! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! You take care, of you and your Dad!
(1)

This is to all of you whom I've come to know through this site......my mom lost her long, hard journey Saturday, August 27th. It was expected at some time of course but was so unexpected on Saturday. I want to tell all of you how special this has been and what a blessing it is/was to give what little advice or support I could. I think of all you on this site everyday......there are so many of us out there. I hope and pray that many more that need this site will find it so they can get the support they need (and of course Cuz's jokes). Might not be on here as much as I was (still take care of my dad) but just wanted you to know that this has helped more than any of you will ever know. May God Bless each of you with what you are needing.
(4)

Thanks guys. Still haven't got her computer debugged. But she has a tablet and a laptop that are still working fine. Mom does very well with some things, but if she gets the least bit frustrated she just throws in the towel. Tried physical therapy for 2 weeks, but has decided it's too hard, she's not going try anymore. She pays her bills, but I have to balance her check book. Only going to get worse.
(1)

meanwhile. Glad the credit card company let the $400 slide. Some of them just say to bad so sad. Hope her health improves ok. Hugs
luvCuz
(0)

Been livin that so long...It is like if she drops something on the floor it is my fault. It will make you crazy. You have to compartmentalize it. Some people can walk away or forgive, ya gotta find what works for you meanwhile. Glad you caught it before they racked up thousands!
(0)

At least you caught it meanwhile. She is mad now but in the long run you know you are in control and she is wrong. Try not to let it get to you. People say that to me all the time and I want to slap them. :)) But it really is true. Elderly just don't know what they are doing a lot of the times. We wouldn't be on this site if we didn't need help or encouragement or IF our parents were in great shape. Heck, I'm ready for the home now. No telling what I will be like in 10 years! My poor son. Good Luck and God Bless.
(1)

Finally a chance to check in. Very funny Cuz,, thanks. Needed a good laugh. Mom also has a UTI, I'm pretty sure it's a chronic condition.
She fell for one of those ransom virus scams on her computer. Called the number, and gave them her credit card number. When I found out I called the credit card company and cancelled her card. There was already a $400 charge on the card. The credit card company isn't even going to make her pay it, but she is mad at me, because I caught her mistake. When Dad was alive everything was his fault, now it's my fault.
(5)

Jim is conjoined at the right hip of John.
(0)

Cuz where do you find these?
(0)

Conjoined Twins Walk Into A Bar

Conjoined twins walk into a bar in Canada and park themselves on a bar stool.

One of them says to the bartender, "Don't mind us; we're joined at the hip. I'm John, he's Jim. Two Molson Canadian beers, draft please."

The bartender, feeling slightly awkward, tries to make polite conversation while pouring the beers. "Been on vacation yet, fellas?"

"Off to England next month," says John. "We go to England every year, rent a car, and drive for miles and miles, don't we, Jim?"

Jim nods.

"Ah, England!" says the bartender. "Wonderful country...the history, the culture, and especially the beer."

"Nah, we don't like that British crap," says John. "Hamburgers and Molson's beer, that's for us, eh Jim? And we can't stand the English people, they're so arrogant and rude."

"So why keep going to England?" asks the bartender.

John replies: "Gives Jim a chance to drive..."
(5)

Sorry for your loss Jen. Maybe G is on the top of the list now. Hugs
lovCuz
(0)

His last sibling has died, younger than him, she had a stroke. G not dead. Another UTI though. We told the nursing staff about it last week...They didn't do anything.
(0)

History Lesson For The Day

2500 years ago a slave call girl from Sardinia named Gedophamee (pronounced Get-offa'-me) was attending the first athletic festival in Greece.

This festival had no name.

In those days the athletes performed naked. To prevent unwanted arousal while competing, the men imbibed freely on a drink, containing saltpeter before and throughout the variety of events.

At the opening ceremonial parade of this first great event, Gedophamee observed the first wave of naked athletic males marching toward her and she exclaimed: "Oh! Limp pricks!"

Over the next two and a half millennia that expression morphed into "Olympics".

Just thought I'd share this new found knowledge with you. You are welcome. And do enjoy the summer Olympics.
(5)

Have to admit I have had a few laughs reading the above comments. Realize it's not funny when you are the one there but thanks for the laughs. We haven't reached those points yet, I just have to monitor what gets put in the shredder! Yes I know I can move it or unplug it, but it gives my dad something to do. Mom's the one that likes to shred things that shouldn't be.
(3)

A teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their vacation. One child wrote the following:

We always spend our vacation with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to live here in a big, brick house, but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida and now they live in a place with a lot of other retarded people.

They live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass. They ride around on big tricycles and wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore.

They go to a building called a wrecked center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all right now. They play games and do exercises there, but they don't do them very well.

There is a swimming pool too, but they all jump up and down in it with their hats on. I guess they don't know how to swim.

At their gate there is a dollhouse with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out. Then they go cruising in their golf carts.

My grandma used to bake cookies and stuff, but I guess she forgot how. Nobody there cooks, they just eat out. And they eat the same thing every night: Early Birds.

Some of the people can't get past the man in the dollhouse to go out, so the ones who get out bring food back to the wrecked center and call it pot luck.

My Grandma says Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded one day, too.

When I earn my retardment I want to be the man in the dollhouse.

Then I will let people out so they can visit their grandchildren.
(5)

Crackpot Friends- Celebrating Diversity

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the
ends of a pole, which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily,
with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his
house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments,
perfect for the task for which it was created, but the poor cracked pot was
ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it
spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half my load
because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to
your house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you
don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.

The water bearer said, "As we return to the master's house, I
want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path. "Do you notice that
there are flowers only on your side of the path but not on the other pot's
side? That is because I have always known about your flaw. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you have watered them. For two years, I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just
the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We are all cracked
pots but it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. Take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them. There is a lot of good out there.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life! Or as I like to think of it, if it hadn't been for the crackpots in my life, it would have been pretty boring and life certainly would have been much less interesting...

Thank you, all my crackpot friends . . .
(4)

Smile!!

The Smile Starter!
Smiling is infectious,
You catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner,
and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realized,
I'd passed it to him.
I thought about that smile,
then I realized its worth.
A single smile just like mine,
could travel the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!
(5)

ATTITUD E

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.
Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator,
I provided a visual description of her tiny room,
including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window.

"I love it," she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy. "Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged..
it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it ... "It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open
I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away ... just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account ... you withdraw from what you've put in .. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories. Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
(4)

Know what you mean meanwhile. On all of it, the determined independence and lack of ability (dwindling abilities) for it. Last year G had ten people at his B day party, this year three. People don't want to be around some one in this state. Care giving is easier if it IS a stranger for you becasue you do remember them when they were competent,strong, active living their life and for them, they don't see you seeing them as they are now...There is a reason people fear old age more than death in many cases. Death is the unknown, old age and infirmity is all to easy to see and smell. Diminishes competence, incontinence, confusion depression resentment, the trembling, fading loss of life long lived is a horror to the modern western mind and eyes truly. It is worse when you love the person and have to watch the setting in of infirmity chronic pain and confusion... Why would any one want to be around for that? And the wonder are we looking at our selves in twenty five years...?
Maybe it is not so good to be the lone survivor of a generation...The last one left when everyone and everything you know that made sense to you is gone by. Left in a rotting body feeling a burden and if cognizant enough, embarrassed by the bodies "failings".
Most people my age would just assume be put out on an ice floe. (Literally said that).

Hope everyone is hanging in there. It is not over here yet. Jen
(4)

Nice poem, Thanks Cuz.
Been so busy hard to find time to post anything. Took Mom to the DR for a checkup, and fortunately, went back with her. Found out she's got her meds all messed up. So threw away the pills she wasn't supposed to be taking, and got the new PX filled. She still wants to stay at her house by herself, but she can't do hardly anything for herself. So my sister and I do the cooking and cleaning. I'm so lucky to have a twin sister, we take turns looking after mom. Seems like most people, one person gets stuck with all of it. I almost think she would be better off in a nursing home, would have more company. I don't have time to sit and talk with her for more than 5 minutes. She is such a downer to be around, most of the neighbors don't come visit.
(2)

As I Sit In Heaven

As I sit in Heaven
And watch you everyday
I try not to let you know with signs
I never went away
I hear you when you're laughing
And watch you when you sleep
I even place my arms around you
To calm you when you weep
I see you wish the days away
Begging me to have me home
So I try to send you signs
So you know you are not alone
Don't feel guilty that you have
Life that was denied to me
Heaven is truly beautiful
Just you wait and see
So live your life, laugh again
Enjoy yourself, be free
Then I know with every breath you take
You'll be taking one for me......Share

I found this today and hope you will like it
hugs lovCuz
(3)

HaHaHa....great story, cuz....it made me lol which I haven't done since putting Mom on Hospice .... on Mother's Day!...no less...Thank you!
(0)

NEW HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER

After retiring, a former Gunnery Sergeant in the Canadian Army took a new job as
a high school teacher.

Just before the school year started, he injured his back. He was required to wear
a light plaster cast around the upper part of his body. Fortunately, the cast fit
under his shirt and wasn't noticeable when he wore his suit coat.

On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the
school. The smart-ass punks, having already heard the new teacher was a former
soldier, were leery of him and he knew they would be testing his discipline in the
classroom.

Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, the new teacher opened the window
wide and sat down at his desk. With a strong breeze blowing it made his tie flap.

He picked up a stapler and stapled the tie to his chest.

Dead Silence. The rest of the year went smoothly.
(5)

Ahhh, the 4th of July in Texas. Hot and muggy but we made it through another one. Took grand kids to fireworks show. They love it and that makes me smile and happy.
(1)

Bad headache and skipped it pretty much, but good weather. Nothing new here...Old yes, pointless, irritating sure, new, no... Jen
(1)

Happy 4th! Yes, we had great weather here in the northeast!

xo

-SS
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter