Follow

I'm glad my mother's suffering is over. She died peacefully this afternoon with my father, her daughters and my brothers in law by her bed. My father is taking this very hard. They would have been married 72 years in September. Feeling a huge sense of relief that she is out of her misery.

I really appreciate the support I've received from this group. You all helped me get through this.

Find Care & Housing
So sorry for your loss-sending condolences to you and your family
(4)

I’m sorry. If she had hospice, everyone in the family is entitled to 13 months of counseling after her passing for free.
(4)

HH,

This has been a very long journey for you. I am glad that it’s over and that your mother is finally at peace.

I can certainly understand your father’s grief. Wow! Almost 72 years of marriage. I’m glad that he isn’t alone during this time.

Wishing you peace as you mourn the loss of your mom.
(6)

May you receive the peace that transcends understanding and be comforted by loving memories.
(5)

Hothouseflower
I am so very sorry that you have lost your mom but happy she has transitioned from this life. Wishing you rest and peace. Poor dad will be lost. Condolences to all your family.
(5)

HothouseFlower I am glad your mother's passing was peaceful.
(4)

(((((((hugs))))) hothouse. Her journey has ended. So glad you all could be there to support her and your father, I understand the relief. Your mum and dad were married a very long time. Condolences to you all for your loss. I pray the days forward are eased by the knowledge of her peaceful passing.
(6)

Glad it was a peaceful passing and that she is out of misery . Dad will be very sad , but it is good that he has been in SNF for awhile now . He’s adjusted and not alone there . Try to get some rest and take care of yourself as well .
(6)

I'm so glad that you all could be at your mothers bedside as she transitioned from this world to the next, and that she died peacefully.
You really can't ask for more than that now can you?
I pray for God to give you His strength, peace and comfort in the days, weeks, and months ahead.
(5)

I am so sorry for your loss
Remember to take time for yourself to grieve.
(1)

I am very sorry for your loss.
A long life & a peaceful passing, surrounded by family.
❤️🌹🕊

May the service be a lovely celebration of your Mother's life.
(3)

I'm so sorry, Hothouse. Be comforted by the good memories you have of her.
(3)

I was in your place a little over a year ago. We may find ourselves at this point often wishing what could have been if the relationship was not always ideal but I find it best to remind myself of all I did try to do and how I advocated for my mother.

I hope you and your father find peace in time and relief that there is no longer physical suffering. Over time the happy memories can stand out. I send you my condolences.
(5)

Hothouseflower, So sorry about your mom. Thoughts and prays to you, your dad, and your family ❣️ 🙏
(3)

Hothouseflower, I am sorry for your loss. May The Lord give you and your family, especially dad, grieving mercies, strength and comfort during this new season of life.
(3)

I am sorry for your loss.
My heart breaks for your dad.
🙏
(3)

I’m sorry for the loss of your mother. I well recall the sentiment of relief of my mother’s misery ending as well. What an amazingly long marriage your parents achieved! Wishing you and your family healing and peace
(1)

Condolences on your loss, Hothouseflower. I hope you and your family find peace in the coming days and onwards…

You’ve been through the wringer and have done a great job. Huge hug
(2)

My sincere condolences on your loss of your mother.
(2)

So sorry, may she now rest in peace.
(4)

Hothouse, I am sorry for your loss, but so grateful you recognize the relief that comes of knowing there is no more fear of the suffering and losses your mom sustained, and that you don't have to stand witness any longer to those losses. I am sorry for your father's grief, but she won't be gone from him while he is living.
(5)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and keep your good memories of her close to your heart.
(4)

HotHouse, I am so sorry for your loss and offering my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Know that your mother is now at peace.
(4)

I’m sorry about your Mom, and relieved with you that her suffering has come to an end. 🌺
(3)

So sorry for you and your family.
I lost my mother end of October and yes,the big sigh of relief was incredible, no more pain! It's going to be rough on everyone but the stories will bring back fond memories of joy and happiness.
(9)

Wishing you and your family peace and comfort in knowing that her suffering is over. May your mother's memory be a blessing to you.
(6)

I feel your relief HHF. Thank God her suffering is finally over and shes at perfect peace now. Hugs sent out to you.
(8)

My sincere condolences to you, Hothouse. May you have peace knowing that she is suffering no more.
(7)

I am sorry for your loss. It’s difficult.. very difficult.. please , please be sure to check up on your dad..
as hard as it is to go through this, with your parent.. mom, your dad lost his best friend, soulmate.
Please keep a close eye on him, do pick up the phone and talk with him,
Give him his time and your ear.. listen to him…
Know he needs you . More than you think.
Prayers are with you s d your family..
gather around your family..
love , peace, prayers.
(6)

my deepest condolences!!!
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter